BICTAM Symposium on Mechanical Problems and Applications of Advanced Materials will be held in May 8-9, 2014 in Tianjin of China. Detailed place and arrangement will be given in the second call.
1. Introduction to the Symposium
In recent years, the development of advanced materials is very fast. Different kinds of new materials with different functions and advantages find wide applications in aerospace and marine industry, wind power, automobile, civil engineering, national defence, etc., due to their good characteristics, such as high strength, low weight and high toughness, etc. Research on engineering applications and mechanical behaviors of advanced materials has attracted much attention in mechanics and materials science fields.
This symposium aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and scholars to exchange and share their experience and research results on all aspects of mechanical problems and engineering applications of advanced materials, and to discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted. The attendees will be composed mainly of young researcher in mechanics fields and material fields from about more than 20 Universities in China, UK, Australia, Japan and USA, etc. About 40~45 attendees will attend the Symposium.
2. Theme of the Conference
The themes of the symposium include, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Mechanical properties of advanced materials
- Advanced experimental mechanics methods
- Multiscale Modelling of advanced materials
- Engineering applications of advanced materials
- Preparation and synthesis of advanced materials
- Prof. Wang Huaiwen (Tianjin University of Commerce)
- A/Prof. Shi Xi (Shanghai Jiaoting Univeristy)
- Prof. Ji Hongwei (Tianjin University of Commerce)
- Prof. Feng Xue (Tsinghua University)
4. Contact Person
Prof. Wang Huaiwen (Tianjin University of Commerce) email@example.com