3rd International Conference on Smart Materials and Nanotechnology in Engineering (SMN2011)
5th -8th December 2011, Shenzhen, P. R. China
- Deadline of abstract submission: 20th May, 2011
- Date of abstract acceptance: 1st August, 2011
- Deadline of pre-registration: 1st October, 2011
- Deadline of final paper: 15th November, 2011
All abstracts must be submitted by email. (SMN2011@smart-nano.org) Notice: On behalf of the organizing committee, the final abstract submission deadline has been extended to May 20.
- Prof. Yoseph Bar-Cohen, Jet Propulsion Laboratory/California Institute of Technology, (http://ndeaa.jpl.nasa.gov/nasa-nde/yosi/yosi.htm)
The Title of Plenary Lecture: Biomimetics and the Development of Humanlike Robots as the Ultimate Challenge.
- Prof. Fu-Kuo Chang, Stanford University, (http://structure.stanford.edu/People/faculty/fkchang/fkchang.html)
The Title of Plenary Lecture: Bio-inspired Intelligent Sensing Materials for Fly-by-feel Autonomous Vehicles.
- Prof. Ken P. Chong, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), (http://www.nist.gov/el/building_materials/kchong.cfm)
The Title of Plenary Lecture: Modeling and Experiments in Nano and Multi-scale mechanics.
- Prof. Gordon G. Wallace, University of Wollongong, (http://ipri.uow.edu.au/people/UOW001346.html)
The Title of Plenary Lecture: to be confirmed.
- Prof. Ben Wang, High Performance Materials Institute，Florida State University, (http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~indwang1/)
The Title of Plenary Lecture: Intrinsically Multifunctional Composite Systems.
The conference proceedings will be published by SPIE, and published digitally in SPIE’s digital library, which widely indexed by INSPEC, Ei Compendex, etc. After normal peer-review process, selected full-length papers will be published in special issues of the following international journals:
- Smart Materials and Structures(SMS) (http://iopscience.iop.org/0964-1726)
- Journal of Intelligent Materials Systems and Structures(JIMSS) (http://jim.sagepub.com/)
- International Journal of Smart and Nano Materials(IJSNM) (http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t910571122~db=all)
Harbin Institute of Technology, China
Before 1st October, 2011
- US $550 per person for author delegate and US $200 for spouse
- US $300 per person for student delegate
After 1st October, 2011
- US $600 per person for author delegate and US $250 for spouse
- US $350 per person for student delegate
The registration fee covers:
Proceeding, reception, banquet, coffee breaks, lunches, dinners.
You are invited to attend the conference to present your research works. Please kindly find the Call for Papers attached. The website of the SMN2011 provides all information currently available and will be periodically updated. The Call for Papers for the SMN2011 is now open. Please feel free to distribute this Call for Papers to your colleagues.
- Prof. Jinsong Leng
Harbin Institute of Technology, P. R. China
Address: PO Box 3011, No.2 Yikuang Street, Centre for Composite Materials and Structures, Science Park of Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150080, P. R. China
- Prof. Yoseph Bar-Cohen
Mechanical Systems Division, Jet Propulsion Laboratory/ California Institute of Technology USA
- Prof. In Lee
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Korea
- Prof. Jian Lu
City University of Hong Kong China