Date: November 9, 2006
Venue: Friendship Hotel, Beijing, China
Chair: Mr. Zhu Jinning, Director General, Department of International Affairs, CAST
- 14:00-14:10 Welcoming Remark, Prof. Sun Honglie, Chairman, ICSU-China
- 14:10-14:40 “ICSU Strategic Plan”: Professor Thomas Rosswall, Executive Director, International Council for Science (ICSU)
- 14:40-15:10 “Experience Working with ICSU”: Prof. Fu Congbin，Vice President of China Association for Science and Technology, EB member of ICSU
- 15:10-15:40 “Experience Working with ICSU”: Prof. Zheng Zhemin, Academician, Chinese Academy of Sciences and the China Academy of Engineering, IUTAM Bureau Member
- 15:40-16:10 “Experience Working with ICSU”: Prof. Chen Jun, Director, National Geomatics Center, ISPRS Council Member
- 16:10-16:40 “Experience Working with ICSU”: Prof. Lu Yonglong, Secretary General, Chinese Committee of SCOPE
- 16:40-17:40 Discussion and Q&A
- 18:00-20:00 Reception
Professor Zhemin Zheng (IUTAM Bureau Member) made a proposal about establishing the Beijing International Center for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics at the forum in commemoration of ICSU 75 years organized by department of international affairs in CAST on 9th November 2006. And present officer of CAST expressed support for CSTAM in preparation to establish the Centre at the meeting.
Professor Thomas Rosswall (ICSU Executive Director) was invited to attend this meeting, too.